[VOTING] APC Idol Competition - Season 5

Moderators: BloodQueen1000, Global Moderators, Admin Assistant, ModeratorsZ

[VOTING] APC Idol Competition - Season 5

Postby Agitjob » Thu, October 15th 2015, 3:46 am

APC Idol Competition - Season 5

CHRISTMAS 2015

Hello APC members :shuai:

As usual, Christmas is coming in a few more weeks, and that means it's time to gather the singers around in APC community to sing, and to compete with the others to show everyone what ya all have gained in the past year, and to give the talents chances to shine.

By that, APC proudly presents

APC Idol Singing Competition

Season 5
:happymonkey:

All entries are submitted for FINAL ROUND. Please help to cast your vote in selecting the best of the best singers this year:

VOTING CATEGORIES::
SOLO: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8574
GROUP: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8573
MVP: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8575

Spoiler: show
The rules set for this competition is a bit different from the one in last year. Please read them carefully. If you are unsure about anything, please ask in this topic or PM the managers to clarify. DO NOT ASSUME !! Thanks :shuai:

RULES
For this competition, only the Competition Managers and the Judges are excluded from entering (which are Fowlergirl, Agitjob, and the Judges), all other colored members of APC are free to join, including the designers and promoters.

All the date and time mentioned in this post belongs to the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00) (New York time). Please convert them to your local timezone to prevent confusion.

ALL Entries will be sent to Fowlergirl or Agitjob in APC ONLY (Not Facebook nor any where else).

In total, we will have 3 rounds in this competition, which includes:

- First round: "Acapella Audition" (Oct 15th - Oct 31st)
Goals: Choose about 20-25 contestants to proceed further.

PM us with the below information
Title: [APC Idol 2015] Solo audition entry
================================
- APC Username :
- Youtube channel (optional):
- Stage Name (optional):
- Audition Song (Title by Artist):
- Audio/Video Link:

For video, please strictly use the provided Intro and Ending constants when you make video: https://app.box.com/s/0f3jafm3lc2dg59240dwuuh08740awuo

Guidelines:
- Every contestant sends in 1 entry ONLY for the audition. If you send multiple ones to different managers, the FIRST one you send in based on the PM timestamp will be your competition entry. Please note!
- The entry MUST be a solo raw vocal - that means no harmonizing, no overlapping, no doubles, and no adlibs in the background; also no effects applied. Imagine how you do audition in real life in front of the judges, you can sing 1 track/melody only, no harmony or overlap. That is how it works. If you break one of those, your entry will be disqualified.
- Noise removal, however, is ok to use but not recommended.
- The entry MUST be an acapella track. NO background music or any of that sort is allowed.
- Your entry must be at least 45 seconds in length and not more than 1:30 min long. Give us enough time to get acquainted with your voice.
- Song choice is up to the contestant, it may be a song in any language.
- Strictly NO foul language in the lyrics. Edit them out if any.
- Submit before 11:59 PM on October 31st, EST (Eastern Standard Time - New York Time)
- Make sure your audition link works until the results of 1st round is announced. We won't be responsible if the link is not available or deleted.

Tips:
- You want to choose a song that shows us the best of your voice and the things you can do. Whether you can advance to the next round depends on how well you perform in this entry. You only have ONE chance. Choose the song wisely to impress our judges! ^^
- You don't have to follow the exact same approach as the original artist in the song. A little improvisation makes things interesting, whatever that may work to your advantage in your submission.
- Refrain from submitting your entry at the last minute in case the website or your network is slow to avoid missing the cut off time on the day of the deadline.
- When sending in your entry and after you hit "Submit", make sure that the pm appears in your "Outbox" folder. If it is not there, it means that your pm hasn't been sent and you need to send again. We won't handle any problem regarding the missing submissions.
- A list of received submissions will be provided and updated constantly in this post, so everyone can follow

- Second round: "Vocal Battle" (Nov 8th - Nov 22nd)
5 SOLO entries and 3 Group entries will be chosen to advance to the Final round.

What to submit?

Title: [APC Idol 2015] Vocal Battle entry
Code: Select all
- Entry type (*): Solo/Group
- APC Username (*): (list all the usernames of your team members)
- Youtube channel (*): (list all the YT channels of your team members respectively)
- Stage name (optional):
- Entry Song (Title by Artist) (*):
- Video Link (*):

- This MUST be a new made full cover. Songs are provided by the judges in 4 languages: Chinese, Korean, Japanese and English. General rules of APC applied (no foul language nor sensitive material. See "Rules and Guidelines" for details).
- You are free to use an instrumental (we recommend that you use one with less backing vocals) or make your own acapella with harmonies.

- Upload your entry on your YouTube channel
- The video title must say "APC Idol Competition 2015 - Vocal Battle Entry".
- In the description, you must say "This is an entry for the 2nd round of APC 2015 Idol Competition @ http://www.asianpopcollabs.com" . (This is mandatory. Your entries will be disqualified if you don't have this line)
- Video must use this provided Intro and Ending's: https://app.box.com/s/0f3jafm3lc2dg59240dwuuh08740awuo
- Song list: Only sing songs in this list

- Entry video MUST be public. We don't consider unlist or private videos.
- It's recommended that you use a simple video for your submission (black screen with white text for the song title and the contestants' names) to prevent copyright issues. Every blocked video will be disqualified and we won't wait for your reuploaded vid. It's your job to make sure your video is available worldwide.

Guidelines:
- The 25 contestants in this round can choose to enter for SOLO category, or GROUP category (2 or 3 people at most), or BOTH.
- Every contestant is free to contact other contestants that made it to the 2nd round to form a team. It really depends on what you want to do and how fast you are to form your ideal team.
- For Group category, at least one person in the group needs to upload the entry on their youtube channel. In the description, it's required to list the names of contestants in that group.The group will need to double check that all the names are added correctly in the description. We won't be responsible for this.
- A contestant can only join ONE group. Only 1 person in the group should PM your entry to us. Please try not to send multiple PM of the same entry.
- Each group/person can only submit ONE entry for each category. No re-submission is accepted. Your first submission will be your final submission.
- Deadline for this round will be at 11:59 pm on Nov 22nd EST (Eastern Standard Time - New York Time). Late or invalid submissions won't be accepted and will be considered as withdrawals.

Tips:
- You'd want to choose a song that suits your/your team's voice the best. Again, you only have ONE chance for each category, choose the song wisely to win our judges over! ^^
- You don't have to follow the exact same approach as the original artist in the song. A little improvisation makes things interesting, do whatever that may work to your advantage in your submission.
- Refrain from submitting your entry at the last minute in case the website or your network is slow to avoid missing the cut off time on the day of the deadline.
- When sending in your entry and after you hit "Submit", make sure that the pm appears in your "Outbox" folder. If it is not there, it means that your pm hasn't been sent and you need to send again.

How the judging works?
The top 5 SOLO entries and top 3 GROUP entries to enter the Final Round will be decided by our judges.

- Third round: "We are Idols" (Dec 1st - Dec 9th)
3 top SOLO entries and 1 best Group entry will be chosen to be the winners.

What to submit?

Title: [APC Idol 2015] We are Idols entry
Code: Select all
- Entry type (*): Solo/Group
- APC Username (*): (list all the usernames of your team members)
- Youtube channel (*): (list all the YT channels of your team members respectively)
- Stage name (optional):
- Entry Song (Title by Artist) (*):
- Video Link (*):

- This MUST be a new made full cover. Song choice is up to the contestant, it can be a song in any language. General rules of APC applies (no foul language nor sensitive material. See "Rules and Guidelines" for details).
- You are free to use an instrumental (we recommend that you use one with less backing vocals) or make your own acapella with harmonies.

- Upload your entry on your YouTube channel
- The video title must say "APC Idol Competition 2015 - We are Idols Entry".
- In the description, you must say "This is an entry for the Final round of APC 2015 Idol Competition @ http://www.asianpopcollabs.com" . (This is mandatory. Your entries will be disqualified if you don't have this line)
- Video must use this provided Intro and Ending's: https://app.box.com/s/0f3jafm3lc2dg59240dwuuh08740awuo
- Entry video MUST be public. We don't consider unlist or private videos.
- It's recommended that you use a simple video for your submission (black screen with white text for the song title and the contestants' names) to prevent copyright issues. Every blocked video will be disqualified and we won't wait for your reuploaded vid. It's your job to make sure your video is available worldwide.

Guidelines:
- You must participate this round with the same category you've been passed from the 2nd round.
- For Group category, the casts of groups must be kept the same as those from previous round.
- At least one person in the group needs to upload the entry on their youtube channel. In the description, it's required to list the names of contestants in that group.The group will need to double check that all the names are added correctly in the description. We won't be responsible for this.
- Each group/person can only submit ONE entry for each category. No re-submission is accepted. Your first submission will be your final submission.
- Deadline for this round will be at 11:59 pm on Dec 9th EST (Eastern Standard Time - New York Time). Late submissions won't be accepted and will be considered as withdrawals.

Tips:
- Same as Round 2

How the judging works?
Top 3 SOLO entries and top 1 GROUP entry will be decided by members through voting in APC.

Contestants will need to promote your entries to get as many votes for them as possible. Please note that, only colored APC members can vote. The poll will be opened in APC website after Dec 9th to make sure everyone can only vote ONCE. If 2 or more entries have the same vote, the winners will be decided based on number of LIKEs of their videos.

The winner of this round will be the champion of the "Season 5 Competition" and win the title "APC Idol 2015" [SOLO] and "APC Idol Group 2015" [Group].

JUDGES
- simplyceciful
- WillRubert
- foocw
- pupball567
- Sammi

On behalf of all APC citizens, we wanna give a big THANK to our judges for always dedicating their time and effort to carefully listen to and pick out the best of the best coverists in the competition every year. Hope you will always accompany the contest.

- Aside from the placement of the winners, APC will also choose contestants that stand out in different categories. The winners of these categories will be awarded with small prizes to show our appreciation for the time, effort and support you have been given us.

PRIZES

Competition SOLO Winners
1st Place
- A Music CD of your favorite artists ordered from YesAsia, OR an $50 Amazon gift card, at your choice.
- An APC merchandise of your choice (*)
- A badge for this year's Competition designed by the APC Graphic Designer Team.

2nd Place
- A Music CD of your favorite artists ordered from YesAsia, OR an $50 Amazon gift card, at your choice.
( you can switch to APC merchandises if you want)
- A badge for this year's Competition designed by the APC Graphic Designer Team.

3rd Place
- One choice of APC merchandise (*)

Competition GROUP Winner
1st Place
- A customized Group T-shirt for each of the contestants in the group. (Group needs to provide image to print on T-shirt or request for help from APC designing team)

MVP Prize (decided based on LIKEs of YT video)

(*) APC merchandise includes APC 2015 Calendar, APC T-shirt, APC keychain or APC Mug (options are subjected to change depending on the availability of the items)

Current Status
FINAL VOTING - In Progress

List of Round 3 contestants
SOLO
jw2213
TaylorDemiGaga
shakyshakeeeee
LiliyaLinhTran
bexiah

GROUP
jw2213, missylilli1, TaylorDemiGaga
AClovetosing & missgreen

VOTING CATEGORIES::
SOLO: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8574
GROUP: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8573
MVP: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8575

:JY: FIGHTING!! :JY:

Managers: Fowlergirl & Agitjob
Video Designers: Fowlergirl
Graphic Designers: ChaeKyon, fccl42
Promoter: AClovetosing, themorningshine
Advisors: MzDreamii, Cherrii321, Agitjob, Fowlergirl
Me Blue Moley In da house
Thanks Sarah for making this cute signature for me :aww:
Trio with Josh and Ceci :hamham:

:magnify: Find, Follow, Add and Subscribe to APC
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Local time: Thu, November 23rd 2017, 9:40 am

Re: APC Idol Competition - Season 5

Postby AClovetosing » Fri, October 23rd 2015, 5:28 pm

YAY~~~~~

My collabs:
1. 千年
2. 陪你
3. S.N.G - Nicky Zhou
4. 孤單摩天輪 - 飛輪海
5. Brown Eyes X 戀人未滿

爱这种离谱感觉
因為你 - 蕭亞軒
郑元畅 - 忠于原味
閃亮的夢想 - 葳宣&葳安

SODAGREEN PROJECT
S.H.E PROJECT
Next to open: 小宇宙

AC's homeSoundcloudYoutubeCollabs YTFB Page

ATM Group TopicATM YT ChannelATM Fan Page
AClovetosing
Local Moderator
Local Moderator

Local time: Thu, November 23rd 2017, 11:40 am

Postby raachelala » Fri, October 23rd 2015, 11:07 pm

Hi! For the first round of auditions, can I two different songs on two different takes? I recorded about 30 seconds of a song that I wanted to do, and didn't have the idea of what song I wanted to use to fill up the rest. Unless 30 seconds is okay LOL T__T

Since this is like supposed to kind of like singing in front of the judges love.. If I prepared two songs for an audition, I would break in between / sing a different take, right? :O :clueless:
[right]listen[font=Georgia]to me ![/font]     stalk[font=Georgia] me ![/font]     follow [font=Georgia]me ![/font][/right]
raachelala
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby Agitjob » Fri, October 23rd 2015, 11:35 pm

raachelala wrote:Hi! For the first round of auditions, can I two different songs on two different takes? I recorded about 30 seconds of a song that I wanted to do, and didn't have the idea of what song I wanted to use to fill up the rest. Unless 30 seconds is okay LOL T__T

Since this is like supposed to kind of like singing in front of the judges love.. If I prepared two songs for an audition, I would break in between / sing a different take, right? :O :clueless:

Ah this is kinda... never happen before xD but thought it doesn't break any rule when you sing 2 song. Just go for it. But make sure to make the transition between 2 songs nicely so the judges won't be shocked =))

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby Agitjob » Fri, October 23rd 2015, 11:38 pm

We got 9 submissions already ^o^ Keep them coming, guys. Only a few days left to send in your entries for the 1st round. Don't wait till last minute ^^

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby Agitjob » Fri, October 30th 2015, 10:20 pm

Only 1 day left to submit your entry for this year's Competition ^^ Quickly send them in and don't miss out the fun.

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby PaquiLopez » Tue, November 10th 2015, 4:55 am

can we change a part of the song in round 2 ??? like a rap or something like that on another language.
PaquiLopez
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Thu, November 23rd 2017, 3:40 pm

Postby Agitjob » Wed, November 11th 2015, 12:48 pm

PaquiLopez wrote:can we change a part of the song in round 2 ??? like a rap or something like that on another language.

Hello, you can actually add a rap part to whichever song from the list that you choose to sing. Making it a little different is interesting too. But please notice that the part that is added in must align to the general rules in APC, means must not have foul language nor sensitive content at all ^^

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby glinapooh24 » Tue, December 1st 2015, 7:22 pm

Why i can't find the playlist of all the entry on youtube?
Latest cover:
[Soundcloud] / [Personal Youtube]

Announcement:
Semi-hiatus since 19/08/2013 ...*...*...*...

Run looking only forward, I'll watch your back
Spread your wings, I'll block the wind
You are the one in my life like an
undying star
- Until Whenever 언제까지 (BIGBANG)

I want to be rich ofheart
But I can’t open my wallet so I keep spending myheart
- Rich (Epik High feat. TY)
glinapooh24
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Thu, November 23rd 2017, 10:40 pm

Postby AClovetosing » Thu, December 3rd 2015, 2:17 am

Congrats for all that made it for final round! Keep Fighting!! Excited to listen to the final entries!!

@Glina, I am also looking for it ne! *looks at onion*

My collabs:
1. 千年
2. 陪你
3. S.N.G - Nicky Zhou
4. 孤單摩天輪 - 飛輪海
5. Brown Eyes X 戀人未滿

爱这种离谱感觉
因為你 - 蕭亞軒
郑元畅 - 忠于原味
閃亮的夢想 - 葳宣&葳安