bexiah - Reviewer Profile [Not Accepting]

Need critic and advice on your covers? This is the place! ^-^

Manager: songchicky1997

Moderators: Global Moderators, Admin Assistant

Re: bexiah - Reviewer Profile [Accepting]

Postby lovinguayo » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:43 pm

bexiah wrote:
lovinguayo wrote:Please give feedback on my short cover of IU's The Red Shoes :)

Uhm I've been singing Korean songs for a while but I just don't pay attention to pronunciation a lot T.T lol. Do you have any tips for me on making my voice stronger too? I mean I'm a soprano (I think) and maybe that ties in with why my voice is the way it is?

Hi! Sorry if I'm taking years to review :headbutt:

I’d say what a lovely short cover you’ve done! There’re some missed lyric there, but that’s okay. Korean is not your mother lang. so we all coverists tend to do that a lot. But it’d be better if you sing it correctly :D

It seems that you was not that focus on the notes and on your own voice. Just maybe you were (you know, I am not ‘that’, this saying was 100% based on my own experience), but there’s something on your head went on at the same time and it distracted you from getting the right flow of the song. And you sound a little rushed too.
As for on how to make your voice stronger, based on my own experience, I should just have to focus on the notes and on my own voice. My voice is my instrument, that kind of mindset.
You have to let the other things off of your mind as you hit the record button; sing as if you’re in a real stage with hundreds of people cheering your name. Give them your best. I know I may sound unrealistic, but this kind of mindset has really worked on me. And also repeat the lines over and over again when practicing so the notes and everything got patched to your mind and unconsciously, you’d do some miracle there.

Trust me, it has nothing to do whether you’re a soprano or alto or whatsoever. Your voice can get stronger only if yourself and your mind believe that they can do.

Thanks a bunch for asking!
Betty :ajosh:

Aw thanks for the great review!!! I will defs work on focusing when singing and doing covers :)
Latest Cover:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYZ4yomcsA[/youtube]
lovinguayo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Fri, November 24th 2017, 6:51 pm

Postby jieuncovers » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:53 pm

bexiah wrote:
jieuncovers wrote::hi: Hi:) I just wanna know if you could comment on my latest cover :) I just wanna how is my standard ( This is a chinese cover btw) So i hope you can help me;) Its okay to criticize me haha :)
Hope to get your reply soon :)

Well too bad, I'm currently half-working right now, so sorry if it taking me years to posted up my feedback here :D
First of all, please please forgive me first before you read my review ok? Sorry for being so blunt and perfectionist and oh my I feel like I didn’t pressed my evil button off harder. It may so short, but forgive me ok? Mianhatda!

I really wanted to enjoy your voice but sorry to say, you barely hit all the low notes. I know it’s hard to go with the original pitch of a male singer’s song but at least you should have done something to it. It’d be much better if you sing one or two notes higher/matched to your own pitch.
You know, you sound so lovely, able to went with the song’s flow so well and seem have no problem in handling high notes (I’m serious, I love 04:06 so much) and all and but it’s all indeed a waste to your voice since you’re holding your voice and the emotion back, not let it all out. I may sound so harsh but you also felt uncomfortable that time, right? Singing a song that is not on your own range?
I am really really looking forward to review your next covers (I said this before, you sound so lovely :hamham: ) with the song that you are comfortable with. But up until that time (or anytime), please don’t hold any grudge to me. This is all from listener’s perspective since I am no technical person. So, believe what you wanted to believe. Thank for asking!

Love and peace,

You know what, you are so SWEEEEEEET~ thanks for saying that my voice is sweet<3 I will sing in a higher pitch then! Haha, coz saying the truth, whenever I hear low songs I will try to hit those notes instead of singing with my usual pitch:) but I guess we should sing I our usual pitch so that it won't sound so horrible HAHAHA. I will cover one soon~ thanks for the feedback~사랑해요
XOXO,
Jieun:)
Latest Cover ~ <3

Latest COLLAB ~ <3

I would love to make friends~ Talk to me ^^

jieuncovers
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, November 25th 2017, 8:51 am

Postby bexiah » Mon, December 23rd 2013, 2:21 am

jieuncovers wrote:
bexiah wrote:
jieuncovers wrote::hi: Hi:) I just wanna know if you could comment on my latest cover :) I just wanna how is my standard ( This is a chinese cover btw) So i hope you can help me;) Its okay to criticize me haha :)
Hope to get your reply soon :)

Well too bad, I'm currently half-working right now, so sorry if it taking me years to posted up my feedback here :D
First of all, please please forgive me first before you read my review ok? Sorry for being so blunt and perfectionist and oh my I feel like I didn’t pressed my evil button off harder. It may so short, but forgive me ok? Mianhatda!

I really wanted to enjoy your voice but sorry to say, you barely hit all the low notes. I know it’s hard to go with the original pitch of a male singer’s song but at least you should have done something to it. It’d be much better if you sing one or two notes higher/matched to your own pitch.
You know, you sound so lovely, able to went with the song’s flow so well and seem have no problem in handling high notes (I’m serious, I love 04:06 so much) and all and but it’s all indeed a waste to your voice since you’re holding your voice and the emotion back, not let it all out. I may sound so harsh but you also felt uncomfortable that time, right? Singing a song that is not on your own range?
I am really really looking forward to review your next covers (I said this before, you sound so lovely :hamham: ) with the song that you are comfortable with. But up until that time (or anytime), please don’t hold any grudge to me. This is all from listener’s perspective since I am no technical person. So, believe what you wanted to believe. Thank for asking!

Love and peace,

You know what, you are so SWEEEEEEET~ thanks for saying that my voice is sweet<3 I will sing in a higher pitch then! Haha, coz saying the truth, whenever I hear low songs I will try to hit those notes instead of singing with my usual pitch:) but I guess we should sing I our usual pitch so that it won't sound so horrible HAHAHA. I will cover one soon~ thanks for the feedback~사랑해요

Ah it's a relief that you're not disappointed with me TT
No problem, it's okay. I'm trying to be honest here and so I have to say that I like your voice bc it's lovely :D I'm practicing my low notes too, but I'd stop change the key note when I feel that the song's pitch didn't go well with mine. I didn't say that it's horrible, it's just didn't good enough :') :ajosh:
Betty
bexiah
Public Performer/Reviewer

Local time: Sat, November 25th 2017, 7:51 am

Postby woorapz » Mon, December 23rd 2013, 10:59 pm

woorapz
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby bexiah » Thu, December 26th 2013, 12:05 am

woorapz wrote:May I request a review for these ^^?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhghqSvK_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmgFN6e0pmU

thank you :D

Roger! :D
Hi, this is Betty!

Cassiopeia | Everlasting (Brown Eyed Girls) | HiHeel | ST☆RLIGHT | Inner Circle

bexiah

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Sat, January 18th 2014, 7:03 pm

rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Fri, November 24th 2017, 7:51 pm

Postby Margoelyn » Fri, January 24th 2014, 3:46 am

bexiah wrote:
Margoelyn wrote:Hello Betty!!~
I was just wondering if you could maybe give me some feedback on this?
http://asianpopcollabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6944
I'm singing CL's parts and it would be great to get some feedback :D
I'm from Sweden so I'm new to singing in korean so my pronunciation could be a little off OTL sorry bout that...

Hugs~

*Hugged you back*
:announce:
Hallooooo~ Here’s my review, Margo. Sorry for the long wait, I was sooo busy, y’know??? *excuse excuse*

……Ugh, let’s put the mixing (and the spazzing over your voice) aside. And please forgive me for my horrible English, I hope they’re understable

I like it how you sung CL’s parts with your own style.You know, if it’s me, I think I’d copy her 98%. Haha jk
Oh no but I’m serious.
Ah lol, forget it!

I’m going to talk about the pronunciation first, k?
I think your korean pronunciation is really good for a non-asia people, you can say ‘a’ without sounds like ‘ei’ and such. You once said that you’re just into kpop for about… a year right? If I didn’t know that fact, I’d think that you’re a >3 years kpopper, Go, believe me! ‘Cos that’s what I thought when I heard your voice for the 1st time. Haha

The next is, you have no problem with CL’s low notes, at all (I don’t need to put my fangirling on this section rite?). Ok believe me I’m not kidding! They’re all good! :adores:

There are only two homeworks for you: You should try to make your high notes more stable. I’ve noticed this when you’re in a collab of mine, some of your high notes were a bit shaky and also uh I don’t know how to say it, let’s just imagined this situation: there is a line that has low notes at the start and it slowly changed to high notes to the end, I’d say that your change from the lows to the highs was not that smooth, a bit shaky too. <Ugh I know I might make you laugh with this kind of explanation.
And you need to keep your emotion on the right line because sometimes you sounds tired, relaxed and some other times you’re fired up, emotional, but they’re all misplaced and it’s bad for your pretty voice. You know what I'm trying to say, right? Ah but it’s not a big problem as long as the listeners didn’t know the song’s meaning and you sing it good. Your voice is more than enough to make ‘em go ‘Awwww so goood~’ :ye!:

Hope this can satisfies you. Thank you for asking me this, Margo.
Jaa! :buttdance:

:WaaaH: I am sosososoo SORRY that I haven't answered this before! Really!

and wow I really thought my pronounciation was awful... thanks sweetie!
yeah I definitly agree with you on the shaky high notes thing. my voice isn't as stable when I sing high and I kinda hold back a little since my mic couldn't handle strong sounds which makes the notes weak and shaky. I'll really work hard on this! :workout:

And I'll work on keeping my emotions in check and be more careful ^^

Thank you so much for this! You're the best! :mushroomkiss:
New cover~
Margoelyn
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, November 25th 2017, 1:51 am

Postby jieuncovers » Thu, March 6th 2014, 9:44 am

HAIIII
im back again heehee!
Can you comment on my friend and i's duet^^
Heehee~~
hope to hear from you soon~~~
sorry for the bad mixing though :(
i sang jonghyun's part while my friend sang taeyeon's ^^
XOXO,
Jieun:)
Latest Cover ~ <3

Latest COLLAB ~ <3

I would love to make friends~ Talk to me ^^

jieuncovers
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, November 25th 2017, 8:51 am

Postby ninjarishu » Thu, March 6th 2014, 6:02 pm

I've always wanted to do one of these omg

Could you review one of my older covers? *^*
I'm really sorry about pronunciation haha ^^;
They #RhebieSexy.
ninjarishu
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, November 25th 2017, 12:51 am

Postby PiggyMelody » Mon, May 5th 2014, 7:07 pm

cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48EReZ0bI7g
lyrics: http://chinesepandamusic.wordpress.com/ ... %E6%88%91/

hi betty! it'd be great if you could review this cover for me :)
PiggyMelody
Public Performer/ Graphics Designer/Video Designer
Public Performer/ Graphics Designer/Video Designer

Local time: Fri, November 24th 2017, 11:51 pm

Previous

Return to Feedback and Reviews Team