Need critic and advice on your covers? This is the place! ^-^

Manager: songchicky1997

Moderators: Global Moderators, Admin Assistant

bexiah - Reviewer Profile [Not Accepting]

Postby bexiah » Mon, September 9th 2013, 9:28 pm

► APC Username/YouTube Account:
bexiah

►Types of Reviews I am Accepting:
Solo, duet, singing and rapping reviews, language, anything except… mixing related things ‘cause I’ve said it before that I only a beginner in this kind of field, so I guess what I could only spot was only the timing thing.
Korean and Japanese songs would mostly do the best of me, but I can also accept a review for English, my mother lang and any other languages as well if someone trusted me to.

► Currently accepted Reviewing jobs:
Yesh!

► Maximum number Reviewing jobs accepted at any one time :

►Currently accepting requests:
YES

►Times of the year/months I’m OPEN to review :
Anytime, umm maybe except when I’m sick for quite some time which is rarely happened :D

►Also relevant:
Just to tell you the truth, I never ever had a musical or a vocal coaching before, but let’s say that I kind of have a pair of good ears and have high expectation in everything.
I can be very picky and sometimes fussy about a singer’s work and also a perfectionist when it comes to the pronunciation. I would definitely look through the lyric too just in case you slipped a word or made some tiny mistakes :D
Don’t hate me if I say something you didn't like. I would review your cover songs from the listeners point of view, so I’ll say bad when it’s bad and good when it’s good. I’m not going to hold myself back.
I’ll try to be as positive and constructive as I can, so don't be afraid, 'k? :aww:
I'll sent my review as soon as I can. I'd notice you by pm when I have my review posted :D

Cheers,
Betty :haha:

p.s. Ah yes, please do not attach your signature to your post here.
p.s.s. The lyric to your cover, I need it. So if you have the link to it, kindly posted here with your cover link :D
Last edited by bexiah on Mon, December 15th 2014, 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, this is Betty!

Cassiopeia | Everlasting (Brown Eyed Girls) | HiHeel | ST☆RLIGHT | Inner Circle

bexiah
Public Performer/Reviewer

Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 8:23 pm

Re: bexiah - Reviewer Profile [Accepting]

Postby Agitjob » Mon, September 9th 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi there :hi:
Please if you help time, give me some advice to improve in this collab.

Thanks a lot :xiexie:
Me Blue Moley In da house
Thanks Sarah for making this cute signature for me :aww:
Trio with Josh and Ceci :hamham:

:magnify: Find, Follow, Add and Subscribe to APC
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 7:23 am

Postby bexiah » Mon, September 9th 2013, 10:05 pm

Agitjob wrote:Hi there :hi:

So fast, first customer!! :gasp: ok, will do it asap^^
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby bexiah » Mon, September 9th 2013, 11:54 pm

Agitjob wrote:Hi there :hi:

:hi: Arama! for the very first review of mine, it’s a Chinese cover and it is from you! We’ll see if I’m capable or not…

I’m not going to talk about the pronunciation since I’m unfamiliar with Chinese, k?
First of all, I was hearing this song cover first before hearing the original version and ARAMA! I love it how you guys did put all your hearts on it. Voices blended well in together, perfect harmony, cool solos and all! I got goosebumps at the start and crying on Sweety’s ‘…pei ni zou ho hoo’ part. Though I couldn’t understand about the song’s meaning, I can feel the deep emotions inside. I feel like hearing the original version of Ailee – Heaven, sung by a girls group! Make it a studio version, gurls!

The only part that I noticed a little off of timing was only this ‘Heaven jiu shi ni de shou / wo que bu neng jie shi de jin woa, wo zheng kai ni shou, xuan ze fang kai shou, bi ci ge zi hao hao guo, huo xu wo xiang de tai duo ni que dou bu dong, duo guai wo men de shi jie bu tong ru jin zai ye bu neng pei ni zou ho hoo~’ but it’s forgivable since the songs cover itself is just freakin’ awesome if great didn’t get it enough.

Note for Agit (since you’re the one who asked a review of this cover song): You have a nice type of voice, fit to the song, but sometimes you sounds unstable and afraid on reaching the notes (your mind might said things like ‘no no I can not got that high’ but actually you can and in the end I couldn’t hear your faith in your own voice), also tends to get a little louder at the end or the start of your lines. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say thing like this or not since you have tons of songs covered and meh? whut, like only 5? You are good but you would definitely more more more and moaaaaar better if you put your faith on your own voice just like in the ‘…… yu cuo, never gonna be alone’ part. It’s epic, best lines of yours!

That’s it, I maybe a perfectionist, vocal obsessed freako, but I ain’t a perfect gurl. A huuge thanks to Agit for requested a review and so soooorry if I did say something too harsh, or offended you in any way (and yeah the grammar errors too, English is just a four hours lesson in every week of my life).
Jaa mata, sayonara~ :buttdance:
and beeh now I got my mind poisoned by you guys’ voices. Heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven~ shall I open Ailee - Heaven collab, uh?
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby Agitjob » Tue, September 10th 2013, 3:47 am

Thanks for the very detail review :adores: thanks a lot. I will try to put more faith in when i sing :mushroomkiss:

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby Agitjob » Sat, September 14th 2013, 11:18 am

Lolol just saw the line where u said u open collab of Heaven xD

Agitjob
Adminnie
Adminnie

Postby bexiah » Sat, September 14th 2013, 11:48 am

Agitjob wrote:Lolol just saw the line where u said u open collab of Heaven xD

that.... maybe I'd open it later when I'm not busy with hellish stuff called technical drawing :dead:
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby Margoelyn » Sun, September 29th 2013, 3:37 pm

Hello Betty!!~
I was just wondering if you could maybe give me some feedback on this?
http://asianpopcollabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6944
I'm singing CL's parts and it would be great to get some feedback :D
I'm from Sweden so I'm new to singing in korean so my pronunciation could be a little off OTL sorry bout that...

Hugs~
New cover~
Margoelyn
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 2:23 pm

Postby bexiah » Mon, September 30th 2013, 10:50 am

Margoelyn wrote:Hello Betty!!~
I'm from Sweden so I'm new to singing in korean so my pronunciation could be a little off OTL sorry bout that...

Hugs~

Of course I'd love to, Margo~ :hamham:
bexiah

Postby jieuncovers » Wed, November 20th 2013, 5:55 am

:hi: Hi:) I just wanna know if you could comment on my latest cover :) I just wanna how is my standard ( This is a chinese cover btw) So i hope you can help me;) Its okay to criticize me haha :)
Hope to get your reply soon :)
XOXO,
Jieun:)
Latest Cover ~ <3

Latest COLLAB ~ <3

I would love to make friends~ Talk to me ^^

jieuncovers
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 9:23 pm

Postby bexiah » Sat, November 23rd 2013, 2:55 am

jieuncovers wrote::hi: Hi:) I just wanna know if you could comment on my latest cover :) I just wanna how is my standard ( This is a chinese cover btw) So i hope you can help me;) Its okay to criticize me haha :)

Sure, I will~ :jumpy:
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby bexiah » Sat, November 23rd 2013, 3:02 am

Margoelyn wrote:Hello Betty!!~

Hugs~

*Hugged you back*
:announce:
Hallooooo~ Here’s my review, Margo. Sorry for the long wait, I was sooo busy, y’know??? *excuse excuse*

……Ugh, let’s put the mixing (and the spazzing over your voice) aside. And please forgive me for my horrible English, I hope they’re understable

I like it how you sung CL’s parts with your own style.You know, if it’s me, I think I’d copy her 98%. Haha jk
Oh no but I’m serious.
Ah lol, forget it!

I’m going to talk about the pronunciation first, k?
I think your korean pronunciation is really good for a non-asia people, you can say ‘a’ without sounds like ‘ei’ and such. You once said that you’re just into kpop for about… a year right? If I didn’t know that fact, I’d think that you’re a >3 years kpopper, Go, believe me! ‘Cos that’s what I thought when I heard your voice for the 1st time. Haha

The next is, you have no problem with CL’s low notes, at all (I don’t need to put my fangirling on this section rite?). Ok believe me I’m not kidding! They’re all good! :adores:

There are only two homeworks for you: You should try to make your high notes more stable. I’ve noticed this when you’re in a collab of mine, some of your high notes were a bit shaky and also uh I don’t know how to say it, let’s just imagined this situation: there is a line that has low notes at the start and it slowly changed to high notes to the end, I’d say that your change from the lows to the highs was not that smooth, a bit shaky too. <Ugh I know I might make you laugh with this kind of explanation.
And you need to keep your emotion on the right line because sometimes you sounds tired, relaxed and some other times you’re fired up, emotional, but they’re all misplaced and it’s bad for your pretty voice. You know what I'm trying to say, right? Ah but it’s not a big problem as long as the listeners didn’t know the song’s meaning and you sing it good. Your voice is more than enough to make ‘em go ‘Awwww so goood~’ :ye!:

Hope this can satisfies you. Thank you for asking me this, Margo.
Jaa! :buttdance:
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby lovinguayo » Mon, November 25th 2013, 5:48 pm

Please give feedback on my short cover of IU's The Red Shoes :)

Uhm I've been singing Korean songs for a while but I just don't pay attention to pronunciation a lot T.T lol. Do you have any tips for me on making my voice stronger too? I mean I'm a soprano (I think) and maybe that ties in with why my voice is the way it is?
Latest Cover:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYZ4yomcsA[/youtube]
lovinguayo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby bexiah » Wed, November 27th 2013, 9:05 am

lovinguayo wrote:Please give feedback on my short cover of IU's The Red Shoes :)

Uhm I've been singing Korean songs for a while but I just don't pay attention to pronunciation a lot T.T lol. Do you have any tips for me on making my voice stronger too? I mean I'm a soprano (I think) and maybe that ties in with why my voice is the way it is?

Roger! :hamangel:
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby thuyanh1996 » Mon, December 2nd 2013, 12:15 am

Hi!!! I just checked out your Hush cover. IT'S WONDERFUL! :xin: :jumpy:
Do you mind checking out mine and please give me comment on how to improve my singing please? Thank you so much!!! :tune: :tune: :tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nIeVXTwaFA&feature=youtu.be
thuyanh1996
A New APC'er Is Born
A New APC'er Is Born

Postby bexiah » Mon, December 2nd 2013, 12:26 am

thuyanh1996 wrote:Hi!!! I just checked out your Hush cover. IT'S WONDERFUL! :xin: :jumpy:
Do you mind checking out mine and please give me comment on how to improve my singing please? Thank you so much!!! :tune: :tune: :tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nIeVXTwaFA&feature=youtu.be

Awwww thanks~ sure hun!
Last edited by bexiah on Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bexiah

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Tue, December 3rd 2013, 7:55 pm

Yoooo! :hi:
Can you review my remix of Dear TV, please? :)
It is my very first one. :P

Thanks. ^^
rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 8:23 am

Postby bexiah » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 12:37 pm

jieuncovers wrote::hi: Hi:) I just wanna know if you could comment on my latest cover :) I just wanna how is my standard ( This is a chinese cover btw) So i hope you can help me;) Its okay to criticize me haha :)

Well too bad, I'm currently half-working right now, so sorry if it taking me years to posted up my feedback here :D
First of all, please please forgive me first before you read my review ok? Sorry for being so blunt and perfectionist and oh my I feel like I didn’t pressed my evil button off harder. It may so short, but forgive me ok? Mianhatda!

I really wanted to enjoy your voice but sorry to say, you barely hit all the low notes. I know it’s hard to go with the original pitch of a male singer’s song but at least you should have done something to it. It’d be much better if you sing one or two notes higher/matched to your own pitch.
You know, you sound so lovely, able to went with the song’s flow so well and seem have no problem in handling high notes (I’m serious, I love 04:06 so much) and all and but it’s all indeed a waste to your voice since you’re holding your voice and the emotion back, not let it all out. I may sound so harsh but you also felt uncomfortable that time, right? Singing a song that is not on your own range?
I am really really looking forward to review your next covers (I said this before, you sound so lovely :hamham: ) with the song that you are comfortable with. But up until that time (or anytime), please don’t hold any grudge to me. This is all from listener’s perspective since I am no technical person. So, believe what you wanted to believe. Thank for asking!

Love and peace,
Betty :ajosh:
bexiah

Postby bexiah » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:31 pm

lovinguayo wrote:Please give feedback on my short cover of IU's The Red Shoes :)

Hi! Sorry if I'm taking years to review :headbutt:

I’d say what a lovely short cover you’ve done! There’re some missed lyric there, but that’s okay. Korean is not your mother lang. so we all coverists tend to do that a lot. But it’d be better if you sing it correctly :D

It seems that you was not that focus on the notes and on your own voice. Just maybe you were (you know, I am not ‘that’, this saying was 100% based on my own experience), but there’s something on your head went on at the same time and it distracted you from getting the right flow of the song. And you sound a little rushed too.
As for on how to make your voice stronger, based on my own experience, I should just have to focus on the notes and on my own voice. My voice is my instrument, that kind of mindset.
You have to let the other things off of your mind as you hit the record button; sing as if you’re in a real stage with hundreds of people cheering your name. Give them your best. I know I may sound unrealistic, but this kind of mindset has really worked on me. And also repeat the lines over and over again when practicing so the notes and everything got patched to your mind and unconsciously, you’d do some miracle there.

Trust me, it has nothing to do whether you’re a soprano or alto or whatsoever. Your voice can get stronger only if yourself and your mind believe that they can do.

Thanks a bunch for asking!
Betty :ajosh:
bexiah

Postby bexiah » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 11:40 pm

rolllikeadoritchyeo wrote:Yoooo! :hi:
Can you review my remix of Dear TV, please? :)
It is my very first one. :P

Thanks. ^^

Aww so sorry I didn't see this earlier. Sure, I'd love to!
bexiah

Next

Return to Feedback and Reviews Team