chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Need critic and advice on your covers? This is the place! ^-^

Manager: songchicky1997

Moderators: Global Moderators, Admin Assistant

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, December 16th 2013, 3:08 am

woorapz wrote:Whoaah thank you for such amazing tips, I never known that food and drink really affect our singing. Chanchan so amazing :xin: I will try to train my breathing more and keep practicing songs.

As you said before, song type like growl fits my voice. Can you suggest other song or explain the genre? is it pop or jazz? hip hop?

Also sometimes when singing I feel that my throat is limited in reaching high notes when before I was able to reach it. It's like sore throat when people have cold but I don't have cold ^^; any suggestion to clear the throat? Thank you chanchan :hamham: I'm your fan hoho

The genre is a fusion of Pop and R&B. Primary makes quite a few songs like this, but finding instrumentals is difficult. Another person would be Zion.T, however his singing style is incredibly hard to imitate. So, if you were to ever sing on of his songs, it's best to sing it your own way. If you're in to singing English covers, a lot of mainstream 90's songs are similar to this style.

Hmm, if you have a mucus-like substance stopping you from reaching those notes, then try steam treatments. It's filling a bowl of boiling water, putting a towel over your head and inhaling the steam. It should remove any mucus in your airways. If it's nothing, then just keep hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, such as black/green tea/coffe or water.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer

Local time: Mon, August 21st 2017, 8:11 pm

Postby woorapz » Mon, December 16th 2013, 3:40 am

chantelleeey wrote:
woorapz wrote:Whoaah thank you for such amazing tips, I never known that food and drink really affect our singing. Chanchan so amazing :xin: I will try to train my breathing more and keep practicing songs.

As you said before, song type like growl fits my voice. Can you suggest other song or explain the genre? is it pop or jazz? hip hop?

Also sometimes when singing I feel that my throat is limited in reaching high notes when before I was able to reach it. It's like sore throat when people have cold but I don't have cold ^^; any suggestion to clear the throat? Thank you chanchan :hamham: I'm your fan hoho

The genre is a fusion of Pop and R&B. Primary makes quite a few songs like this, but finding instrumentals is difficult. Another person would be Zion.T, however his singing style is incredibly hard to imitate. So, if you were to ever sing on of his songs, it's best to sing it your own way. If you're in to singing English covers, a lot of mainstream 90's songs are similar to this style.

Hmm, if you have a mucus-like substance stopping you from reaching those notes, then try steam treatments. It's filling a bowl of boiling water, putting a towel over your head and inhaling the steam. It should remove any mucus in your airways. If it's nothing, then just keep hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, such as black/green tea/coffe or water.

Thank you for the recommendation Chanchan ^^ I will redo the Growl but in Chinese version later (since I don't know those two singers you mentioned before T^T ) I hope you won't mind to review it, so I can know if I got some improvements or not ^^ Hope we can be good friends and may I know your Youtube name? Hope we can do duet or collab one day~ fighting!

woorapz
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Mon, August 21st 2017, 6:11 pm

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, December 16th 2013, 3:47 am

woorapz wrote:Thank you for the recommendation Chanchan ^^ I will redo the Growl but in Chinese version later (since I don't know those two singers you mentioned before T^T ) I hope you won't mind to review it, so I can know if I got some improvements or not ^^ Hope we can be good friends and may I know your Youtube name? Hope we can do duet or collab one day~ fighting!

Yup, I hope so too. It's in my first post (Ch.Ann)
chantelleeey

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, December 16th 2013, 3:49 am

Update:
Almost finished reviewing fatekey2 Everyday Love cover.
Then I'll move on to lovinguayo's over. Sorry it's taking so long.
chantelleeey

Postby chantelleeey » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 1:59 am

fatekey2 wrote:I was so pleased with your review that I wanted you to do another one *-*
can you do this one? it's snsd - everyday love

Sorry it took me so long to get to. I really like your voice, it's very pretty and has a uniqueness to it.

Mixing
There isn’t much to complain about your mixing. You balanced the doubles and harmonies well with your solo track. The only thing I can point out is that your voice is still louder than the instrumental, and it’s kind of harsh on the ears. If you increase the volume of the instrumental, the cover will sound smooth.

Vocals
Your pronunciation overall is quite good, you just had a few minor slip ups. As for dynamics, there was not much variation. Your solo track gave the impression that you were belting out the notes throughout the entire song. The verses required less power, which means your vocal technique should have been more airy. However, the second verse was much better than the first in terms of dynamics. Your lower harmonies sounded flat. Also, I feel like you were straining your voice in the chorus. This could be because you are imitating their singing styles. What makes a song/cover great is not how well it is sung, but how well the emotions are portrayed; although good vocals makes it so much more enjoyable. For those more powerful notes try taking deeper breaths, and using your diaphragm to control and stabilise your voice.
chantelleeey

Postby chantelleeey » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 2:13 am

lovinguayo wrote:can you please review this for me? :)

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIof8ICQqLE

Here is the original song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FT6A4kg1E

Thanks ahead of time <3

I know it’s been a while since you’ve asked me to review. Since then there have been a few instrumentals (fan-made, of course) that are floating around. I think this cover would sound better with them. Your volume balance between your vocal tracks and instrumental was good. I’d like to hear you doing harmonies and doubles. As for vocal technique, for the verse you needed more air in your voice. I heard your vocal colour in parts where you weren’t imitating IU’s singing style. If you sing it without imitations, I think it would be a very interesting and lovely cover.
chantelleeey

Postby lovinguayo » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 3:54 am

chantelleeey wrote:
lovinguayo wrote:can you please review this for me? :)

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIof8ICQqLE

Here is the original song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FT6A4kg1E

Thanks ahead of time <3

I know it’s been a while since you’ve asked me to review. Since then there have been a few instrumentals (fan-made, of course) that are floating around. I think this cover would sound better with them. Your volume balance between your vocal tracks and instrumental was good. I’d like to hear you doing harmonies and doubles. As for vocal technique, for the verse you needed more air in your voice. I heard your vocal colour in parts where you weren’t imitating IU’s singing style. If you sing it without imitations, I think it would be a very interesting and lovely cover.

Awh thank you for the awesome, short and sweet review! I did do doubles, I just get lazy when it comes to harmonies and all the background voices, that's why I use instrumentals including those in them xD I'll eventually do a full-on everything cover and then ask for another review lol sometime....can you please tell me at which parts my vocal color came through? I have a tendency to imitate singer's styles when it comes to songs, but I don't know exactly at which point I am imitating, and not, if that makes sense xD
Latest Cover:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYZ4yomcsA[/youtube]
lovinguayo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Mon, August 21st 2017, 5:11 am

Postby chantelleeey » Sun, December 22nd 2013, 4:11 am

lovinguayo wrote: Awh thank you for the awesome, short and sweet review! I did do doubles, I just get lazy when it comes to harmonies and all the background voices, that's why I use instrumentals including those in them xD I'll eventually do a full-on everything cover and then ask for another review lol sometime....can you please tell me at which parts my vocal color came through? I have a tendency to imitate singer's styles when it comes to songs, but I don't know exactly at which point I am imitating, and not, if that makes sense xD

I can hear it between 0:11 - 0:17. You imitate the singer less if you just play an instrumental while recording.
chantelleeey

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Sat, January 18th 2014, 7:02 pm

rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Mon, August 21st 2017, 6:11 am

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, January 20th 2014, 1:21 am

rolllikeadoritchyeo wrote:Can you review this, please? :D

https://soundcloud.com/markusst/byg-i-remember-cover

Wow, your cover blew me away. Your tone is deep and husky like Yongguk's I almost thought you were him. It's a shame you don't have a proper mic to record remixes and mixtapes, as your voice is very captivating and your pronunciation, rhythm and flow is perfect. 10/10 for this cover!~
:hamham:
chantelleeey

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Mon, January 20th 2014, 9:16 am

chantelleeey wrote:
rolllikeadoritchyeo wrote:Can you review this, please? :D

https://soundcloud.com/markusst/byg-i-remember-cover

Wow, your cover blew me away. Your tone is deep and husky like Yongguk's I almost thought you were him. It's a shame you don't have a proper mic to record remixes and mixtapes, as your voice is very captivating and your pronunciation, rhythm and flow is perfect. 10/10 for this cover!~
:hamham:

Oh thank you so muuuuch! This made my day! *w*
Yeah, I hope this month I can buy a decent mic. :c Really hope so...
Thank you again, srsly. :xin:
rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Sat, January 25th 2014, 9:28 pm

rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby chantelleeey » Thu, January 30th 2014, 12:54 pm

rolllikeadoritchyeo wrote:https://soundcloud.com/markusst/you-look-lonely-2ne1xverbal

Can you review, plz? :3

It's sounding good! Your pronunciation is still very good, it just seems like you've practiced the line to the point you started to slur your words. Well, it wasn't exactly a slur, but it wasn't enunciated properly. When recording keep in mind that you'll need to over enunciate your words to make them sound "normal". I hope that helps~ Keep up the good work!
chantelleeey

Postby Yunomuna » Sat, February 1st 2014, 12:17 pm

:hi: Hello. May I request you to review this cover for me ^_^ Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWt0fYhiyo

[youtube]/watch?v=XMWt0fYhiyo[/youtube]
Yunomuna
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby chantelleeey » Sat, February 8th 2014, 9:55 am

Yunomuna wrote::hi: Hello. May I request you to review this cover for me ^_^ Thank you

Can I be honest with you? You did not sound very confident when singing, also it is quite pitchy. As this is a live cover, you should make note of the places where you can take deep breaths. By doing this, you will find that you will stay in time and won't stumble over your words. Your rap would have been better if you said it slower; you were ahead the entire time. It sounded rushed, thus hindering your pronunciation. If you are unable to imitate the vocal trills (or techniques) of the original singer, it is best to put your own "twist" on it. Do something that will compliment your voice and won't have you strain it. I'm not sure if any of that made sense, if you have any questions, feel free to ask~
chantelleeey

Postby Yunomuna » Mon, February 10th 2014, 4:35 am

chantelleeey wrote:
Yunomuna wrote::hi: Hello. May I request you to review this cover for me ^_^ Thank you

Can I be honest with you? You did not sound very confident when singing, also it is quite pitchy. As this is a live cover, you should make note of the places where you can take deep breaths. By doing this, you will find that you will stay in time and won't stumble over your words. Your rap would have been better if you said it slower; you were ahead the entire time. It sounded rushed, thus hindering your pronunciation. If you are unable to imitate the vocal trills (or techniques) of the original singer, it is best to put your own "twist" on it. Do something that will compliment your voice and won't have you strain it. I'm not sure if any of that made sense, if you have any questions, feel free to ask~

Haha thank you for the honest opinion. Could you explain me how I sounded pitchy??? I haven't learned musical notes or any music related things before, so I don't understand the term. T T. Heck, I still struggle with harmonies when I participate in collabs. T T.

[youtube]/watch?v=XMWt0fYhiyo[/youtube]
Yunomuna
Public Performer
Public Performer

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, February 10th 2014, 9:15 pm

Yunomuna wrote:Haha thank you for the honest opinion. Could you explain me how I sounded pitchy??? I haven't learned musical notes or any music related things before, so I don't understand the term. T T. Heck, I still struggle with harmonies when I participate in collabs. T T.

So, pitch refers to the highness or lowness of sound. If someone tells you, you sound pitchy, it generally means you're either singing too high or low consistently. In other words, you're singing in the wrong key. Each key has different notes that form a scale. E.g. C and A minor key/scale have no flat or sharp notes, so if someone sings one or more notes that are sharp or flat consistently throughout the song, it would be referred to as pitchy.

Since you haven't learnt any music related term, that might seem like a bunch of blah to you. Listen to your recordings. I'm sure you do that, but when you listen to it, do you have the actual recording playing at the same time? If you do, hearing the actual vocalist and your voice simultaneously generally tricks the ears into thinking that it's perfect. To tell if you're pitchy or not, try listening to your recording with an instrumental. It is easier to pick up on the notes that are wrong as they will conflict with the instrumental, indicating either a note that is too high or too low for the key.

As for harmonising, try just listening to your vocal track without music when recording. A harmony doesn't need to be a whole octave higher. It can be a note higher, as long as it falls within the key. Recording harmonies without music makes it easier, as well, because you'll be focusing on your voice rather than the music.

Did that all make sense? If you need any more help, I don't mind you asking~ I just want to help you understand and improve ^^
chantelleeey

Postby Crystal » Mon, February 17th 2014, 9:34 am

Hi~ can you please review this (it's just raps but I want to improve in it)
https://soundcloud.com/crystal-65/rap-s ... -b-a-p-byg

Crystal
Public Performer
Public Performer

Local time: Mon, August 21st 2017, 8:11 am

Postby chantelleeey » Sun, March 2nd 2014, 6:53 am

Crystal wrote:Hi~ can you please review this (it's just raps but I want to improve in it)
https://soundcloud.com/crystal-65/rap-s ... -b-a-p-byg

:sorry: I thought I replied to you, I'm so sorry!

So my thoughts on your raps. First, I know they're short rap covers from several songs, however, mixing these tracks together is confusing when listened to. If you chose songs that are the same tempo it would have been more cohesive.

Work on your pronunciation more; you're not enunciating the words properly, and slur. Try breaking the words down in syllables at speaking pace. Once you get used to saying them without stuttering or reading the lyrics, add in the rhythm of the rap, then try to record. When working on the rhythm, slow it down until it's perfect before trying it at its actual tempo. Keep at it! I know you'll get it soon~
chantelleeey

Postby lovinguayo » Sat, March 8th 2014, 5:07 pm

Hello again :) Can you please review this cover for me? (It's also in my signature so yah xD)
Cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPPIJ7vO68
Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT4-vAxymj8
Latest Cover:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYZ4yomcsA[/youtube]
lovinguayo
Public Performer
Public Performer

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Reviews Team