chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Need critic and advice on your covers? This is the place! ^-^

Manager: songchicky1997

Moderators: Global Moderators, Admin Assistant

chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, September 9th 2013, 9:15 pm

► APC Username/YouTube Account:
chantelleeey | Ch.Ann

►Types of Reviews I am Accepting:
I'm willing to accept any cover/collab to review. However, you must provide me with a link to the original song so I have some idea of what I need to look out for.

► Currently accepted Reviewing jobs:
YES

► Maximum number Reviewing jobs accepted at any one time:
4 - 5 !

►Currently accepting requests: YES
Spoiler: show
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.


►Times of the year/months I’m OPEN to review :
All year. Yet, if something comes up, I'll update to let you know I'm unavailable.

►Also relevant:
I can be a harsh reviewer that's extremely picky. If you don't like this style, just let me know so no one gets hurt. In the reviews I will give participants tips on their vocals as well look at the mix as a whole.
Keep in mind reviews can take some time (around 2-3 days), so I'll need at most a week to review.
Last edited by chantelleeey on Tue, December 1st 2015, 3:44 am, edited 17 times in total.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby rolllikeadoritchyeo » Tue, December 3rd 2013, 7:54 pm

Yoooo! :hi:
Can you review my remix of Dear TV, please? :)
It is my very first one. :P



Thanks. ^^
Image
User avatar
rolllikeadoritchyeo
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, February 17th 2013, 8:01 pm
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 10:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Wed, December 4th 2013, 12:20 pm

Yep, I will be more than willing. Just give me a day~
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby RaeJin » Thu, December 5th 2013, 9:42 am

:hi:
Can you help me review a cover? ><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsYhZM99NIk

and here's a link of the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8cDa0feXI

thanks!
Image
RaeJin
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat, February 25th 2012, 8:13 am
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 10:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Fri, December 6th 2013, 10:09 am

rolllikeadoritchyeo wrote:Yoooo! :hi:
Can you review my remix of Dear TV, please? :)
It is my very first one. :P



Thanks. ^^


Sorry, it took me so long to do. Okay so here are a few pointers.

Certain songs require emphasis, such as doubling, on certain words and effects. However, I don’t believe this is one of those songs. The reverb and echo wasn’t necessary, but that’s just me being picky. Dear TV is a very simple repetitive percussion beat that is the core of the song. Other instrumentation used is not very flashy either. The point I’m trying to make is that just raw vocals would sound more refreshing to the ears. I say this because, adding effects, even simple ones, takes away from your vocals and contrasts with the stripped back feeling of the instrumental. Overall, your mixing is done quite well, the volume levels are excellent throughout the song.

I’m pretty sure you know about different rapping styles, right? Lazy, rapping is probably the best type for this song. You didn’t do anything wrong in particular, just pay a bit of attention to where you put stress on/in a word or phrase. You will find this easier, with fully understanding and/or believe the lyrics. Learning to control the emotion in your voice, whether it be rapping or singing, will help add stress on the right words in phrases. Also, your pronunciation is not bad, but when recording a song, it is different from speaking. You need to over pronounce the word. Sounds funny, huh? The thing is, words don’t sound as clear as you think they are. If you use the same enunciation as you do when you speak, it will sound like you’re slurring your words when you rap/sing adding extra sounds that will sound “off” to the listener.

So to sum it all up, you did an excellent job. Try and tone down the attitude a bit with this song though. For future reference, try and over pronounce your words and you will sound a lot better. Trust me, there’s no flashy technique to being good. It all starts with how you say it.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby fatekey2 » Fri, December 6th 2013, 11:02 am

Can you do a review of my cover Exo - Miracles In December? :)


f(x) - all night
User avatar
fatekey2
Public Performer/Graphics Designer
Public Performer/Graphics Designer
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, December 12th 2010, 8:00 pm
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 2:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby Crystal » Fri, December 6th 2013, 12:22 pm

Hi~ can you review my cover of That XX please?
Thanks ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10P9sxqKYt0

and the original~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j57IzkTFnT8


User avatar
Crystal
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat, June 16th 2012, 12:48 pm
Location: Uruguay
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 12:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Fri, December 6th 2013, 7:43 pm

Yep, I'll have a look at each of these covers when I return from work :ajosh:
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Sat, December 7th 2013, 6:34 am

RaeJin wrote::hi:
Can you help me review a cover? ><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsYhZM99NIk

and here's a link of the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8cDa0feXI

thanks!


Mixing
Overall, you did quite well with mixing. The doubles and harmonies, however, were slightly too loud and did not blend very well together. For example, your chorus would have sounded a lot better if you had one track that was louder than the rest. Your doubles should be just loud enough to hear, as they are only meant to support the solo track. Usually one double is enough, having too many makes the audio sound off-tune. The same goes for harmonies, yet if these are too loud they don’t sound like harmonies at all. In fact, it makes that section sound pitchy or uneven. Keep in mind that by adding layers of vocal tracks, it affects the consistency of volume. The start of the song had a perfect balance between vocals and instrumental. However, with the addition of the doubles and harmonies, your vocals became a lot louder than the track. Also, if it were possible, I would suggest you remove the original track from the background as you’ve recorded all the parts. And, before I forget, try and keep adlibs at the same or lower volume level. It tends to flow better with the song.

Vocals
Your voice suited Soa’s and Tia’s parts in the verses, I enjoyed them the most. I was able to hear your voice clearly in those parts. I have some questions for you:
1. When you sing and breathe, do you uses your chest or diaphragm? You can tell if you’re using your chest when your shoulders move when you sing and you’re taking in sharp breaths instead of deeper ones. If you ever feel like you’re about to run out of air while singing, you can always put pressure on your diaphragm. Your diaphragm controls how much air you use when singing.
2. How do you sit or stand? Sitting/standing properly will allow you to use your diaphragm more, so you will be able to deliver stronger vocals.

I mentioned earlier that loud harmonies and doubles effect volume levels and can sound pitchy. That’s how I felt about the chorus. I don’t personally think it your voice, as it suits the genre, but the fact that they were too loud, that made the section sound slightly off and more harsh on the ears, compared to your gentle voice in the verses.

Keep up the good work, and spend more time mixing. If you feel like you have to re-record one line over and over, it’s probably for the best. If you don’t think it’s right, I’m sure the listener won’t. Your harshest critic should be you. So look out for every detail, when mixing, save samples and listen to them. Sometimes it sounds different outside of your mixing software. And, remember not to imitate the singer, but make the song your own.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Mon, December 9th 2013, 2:07 am

fatekey2 wrote:Can you do a review of my cover Exo - Miracles In December? :)



Mixing
I like that you still did your own doubles and harmonies. It’s a shame that there is no official instrumental. I feel like because of the original song has so many layers that you are unable to remove all of the vocals and it has also removed some of the instrumental. Therefore, it’s made your vocal tracks volume levels uneven with the instrumental. Your voice is too loud in comparison to the instrumental, but it can’t be helped if you’re trying to cover the vocal tracks you weren’t able to remove.

Vocals
Your vocal colour matches this type of genre, and I wouldn’t mind hearing a whole album of it. There were some times where you went off pitch, but with a bit more practice this could have been perfect. However, your emotion was well portrayed throughout the song and that’s what made up for those minor errors. I noticed it was those lower notes that you struggled with. Lower notes require you to use more air than higher ones. If you are able to time where you will breath throughout the song, you will find that you have less trouble reaching those notes.

I have to say this is the first EXO song I like, but I would prefer your version any day.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby woorapz » Mon, December 9th 2013, 3:15 am


User avatar
woorapz
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu, November 21st 2013, 3:14 am
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 10:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby fatekey2 » Tue, December 10th 2013, 6:13 pm

I was so pleased with your review that I wanted you to do another one *-*
can you do this one? it's snsd - everyday love


f(x) - all night
User avatar
fatekey2
Public Performer/Graphics Designer
Public Performer/Graphics Designer
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, December 12th 2010, 8:00 pm
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 2:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby lovinguayo » Tue, December 10th 2013, 7:42 pm

can you please review this for me? :)


link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIof8ICQqLE

Here is the original song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FT6A4kg1E

Thanks ahead of time <3
Latest Cover:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYZ4yomcsA[/youtube]
User avatar
lovinguayo
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat, August 18th 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: USA
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 9:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Wed, December 11th 2013, 2:41 am

Yup, it'll be a bit of a wait. I hope you don't mind~
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Wed, December 11th 2013, 2:54 am

Crystal wrote:Hi~ can you review my cover of That XX please?
Thanks ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10P9sxqKYt0

and the original~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j57IzkTFnT8


Mixing
The mix overall is quite good. All I would point out is increase the volume of the spoken parts in the verses, and find an equal balance between the instrumental and your vocal tracks. I noticed the first verse is softer than the rest of the mix. I felt by the time I got to the second verse, your vocal track started to get too loud. The rapping segment of the song was slightly off beat, which disturbed the flow of it. Your rap itself was fine. Pay closer attention to timing in rap parts, it’s easy to fall behind half a beat.

Vocals
Was the key too low for you? At first I thought you started on the wrong key, but as you continued to sing it seemed like you couldn’t grasp the key. Possibly changing the pitch of the instrumental would have worked out better for you. When you’re recording, do you record listening to the instrumental or the studio recording? And, can you hear yourself when you’re recording? Both of these play a factor in how you will sound. If you don’t understand what I mean, try recording something while listening to the studio recording, then again using just the instrumental. As for whether or not you can hear yourself, it’s always best to record with one music playing in one ear. You’ll find it easier to tell when you go off key or if you’re breathing wrong. Another thing I’d like to point out is imitating the singers vocal techniques. Singing like G-Dragon will not show your vocal ability, which is a shame because you do have a lovely voice. Expressing the emotion and singing it in your own style shows your ability as a singer. It could have been because you were slightly behind the beat during the last section that you missed the beat you were meant to come in on. Other than that, your harmonies throughout the song were perfect in terms of pitch and volume.

With minor tweaks in your mixing, this cover would have sounded heaps better. Keep practicing and you'll be perfect in no time.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby Crystal » Wed, December 11th 2013, 8:41 am

chantelleeey wrote:
Crystal wrote:Hi~ can you review my cover of That XX please?
Thanks ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10P9sxqKYt0

and the original~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j57IzkTFnT8


Mixing
The mix overall is quite good. All I would point out is increase the volume of the spoken parts in the verses, and find an equal balance between the instrumental and your vocal tracks. I noticed the first verse is softer than the rest of the mix. I felt by the time I got to the second verse, your vocal track started to get too loud. The rapping segment of the song was slightly off beat, which disturbed the flow of it. Your rap itself was fine. Pay closer attention to timing in rap parts, it’s easy to fall behind half a beat.

Vocals
Was the key too low for you? At first I thought you started on the wrong key, but as you continued to sing it seemed like you couldn’t grasp the key. Possibly changing the pitch of the instrumental would have worked out better for you. When you’re recording, do you record listening to the instrumental or the studio recording? And, can you hear yourself when you’re recording? Both of these play a factor in how you will sound. If you don’t understand what I mean, try recording something while listening to the studio recording, then again using just the instrumental. As for whether or not you can hear yourself, it’s always best to record with one music playing in one ear. You’ll find it easier to tell when you go off key or if you’re breathing wrong. Another thing I’d like to point out is imitating the singers vocal techniques. Singing like G-Dragon will not show your vocal ability, which is a shame because you do have a lovely voice. Expressing the emotion and singing it in your own style shows your ability as a singer. It could have been because you were slightly behind the beat during the last section that you missed the beat you were meant to come in on. Other than that, your harmonies throughout the song were perfect in terms of pitch and volume.

With minor tweaks in your mixing, this cover would have sounded heaps better. Keep practicing and you'll be perfect in no time.


Thanks so much for your review :) My voice doesn't sound good so low...so next time i'll try changing the pitch of the instrumental. And for the recording i use the studio recording, so next time i'll use your tips and keep practicing! Thank you so much again~^^


User avatar
Crystal
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat, June 16th 2012, 12:48 pm
Location: Uruguay
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 12:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Fri, December 13th 2013, 4:41 am

woorapz wrote:Hi, can you please do a review for this ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR4JEr_OZQo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJtsu1dduKA

Thank you :D


Growl:
Mixing
What type of mic do you use? Did you use any effects on your vocal tracks? This mix gives me the feeling that you are recording in an empty room. Although your microphone is very clear, it sounds unnatural if you’re trying to match it to the studio recording. It feels as though there is too much reverb and it’s quite predominant because the instrumental is very soft in comparison to your vocal tracks. I know you’ve recorded the twelve member version, but as you are only one person, you won’t be able to get as much diversity in vocals. Saying this, you have too many tracks in the background. Your harmonies and doubles also did not blend well as a whole together, as well as with your solo track. Be aware that your main vocal track needs to stand out even when you apply harmonies and doubles. If you listen to the studio recording the spoken parts are just loud enough to hear amongst the singing. However, you have the a bit too loud, but that’s just me being picky. Other than that, the timing of some of your adlibs were late. These are just minor mistakes that can be easily adjusted, so don’t stress too much. In future, if you have a song with more advanced effects, take into consideration how it will change the volume levels and if it flows well with the instrumental. If it stands out or contrasts too much, then something is probably wrong.

Vocals
EXO members have very different vocal colours and their abilities vary. I personally enjoy a cover more when the coverist takes the time to sing the song as if it is their own. When I say this, I mean that the person does not necessarily imitate the artist. They are able to sing/perform the song in a way that does not stray too far from the melody, but at the same time sing in a way that enhances the vocal ability. I could hear you strain your voice with the more powerful notes, and at times hold back when it really needed that extra punch, if you know what I mean. It was usually the adlibs, they seemed to be lacking. Adlibs are not written in lyrics because they’re purely additional and optional to the recording artist. So, you have that opportunity too. I’m not telling you not to do them, but do what feels right. It’s hard at first to add a bit of your own colour on a song, but with practice you’ll be able to find yourself as a singer. I heard great potential in your voice. This song and style suits you. If you could, I would suggest recording more songs like this. Just hold back on vocal techniques and you should be fine. No more than two or three should be good. You missed a couple of harmonies here and there, e.g. the part before the last chorus. I feel like I should bow down to you. That rap was the highlight of the cover. It was mixed perfectly, and you were right on beat.

Miracles in December:
Mixing
Do you still have your vocal tracks or did you delete them? There’s now a fan made instrumental on youtube. The vocal removal removed too much of the instrumental, and I found that too distracting. Also, the balance between vocal tracks and the instrumental were uneven. You need find a balance where the vocals are slightly louder or sound as though they are equally as loud as the instrumental.

Vocals
You sound like an angel. The harmonies and doubles sounded perfect. There were times where you were either sharp or flat on those more powerful notes, but you’ll get them with practice. With a more balanced mix, it would have emphasised the emotion more. I think you strained your voice from the chorus, try not to use your “throat” voice too much. I could hear a hoarse tone towards the end of the song. Over straining your voice can lead to serious damage to your vocal chords.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby woorapz » Fri, December 13th 2013, 5:14 am

chantelleeey wrote:
Growl:
Mixing
What type of mic do you use? Did you use any effects on your vocal tracks? This mix gives me the feeling that you are recording in an empty room. Although your microphone is very clear, it sounds unnatural if you’re trying to match it to the studio recording. It feels as though there is too much reverb and it’s quite predominant because the instrumental is very soft in comparison to your vocal tracks. I know you’ve recorded the twelve member version, but as you are only one person, you won’t be able to get as much diversity in vocals. Saying this, you have too many tracks in the background. Your harmonies and doubles also did not blend well as a whole together, as well as with your solo track. Be aware that your main vocal track needs to stand out even when you apply harmonies and doubles. If you listen to the studio recording the spoken parts are just loud enough to hear amongst the singing. However, you have the a bit too loud, but that’s just me being picky. Other than that, the timing of some of your adlibs were late. These are just minor mistakes that can be easily adjusted, so don’t stress too much. In future, if you have a song with more advanced effects, take into consideration how it will change the volume levels and if it flows well with the instrumental. If it stands out or contrasts too much, then something is probably wrong.

Vocals
EXO members have very different vocal colours and their abilities vary. I personally enjoy a cover more when the coverist takes the time to sing the song as if it is their own. When I say this, I mean that the person does not necessarily imitate the artist. They are able to sing/perform the song in a way that does not stray too far from the melody, but at the same time sing in a way that enhances the vocal ability. I could hear you strain your voice with the more powerful notes, and at times hold back when it really needed that extra punch, if you know what I mean. It was usually the adlibs, they seemed to be lacking. Adlibs are not written in lyrics because they’re purely additional and optional to the recording artist. So, you have that opportunity too. I’m not telling you not to do them, but do what feels right. It’s hard at first to add a bit of your own colour on a song, but with practice you’ll be able to find yourself as a singer. I heard great potential in your voice. This song and style suits you. If you could, I would suggest recording more songs like this. Just hold back on vocal techniques and you should be fine. No more than two or three should be good. You missed a couple of harmonies here and there, e.g. the part before the last chorus. I feel like I should bow down to you. That rap was the highlight of the cover. It was mixed perfectly, and you were right on beat.

Miracles in December:
Mixing
Do you still have your vocal tracks or did you delete them? There’s now a fan made instrumental on youtube. The vocal removal removed too much of the instrumental, and I found that too distracting. Also, the balance between vocal tracks and the instrumental were uneven. You need find a balance where the vocals are slightly louder or sound as though they are equally as loud as the instrumental.

Vocals
You sound like an angel. The harmonies and doubles sounded perfect. There were times where you were either sharp or flat on those more powerful notes, but you’ll get them with practice. With a more balanced mix, it would have emphasised the emotion more. I think you strained your voice from the chorus, try not to use your “throat” voice too much. I could hear a hoarse tone towards the end of the song. Over straining your voice can lead to serious damage to your vocal chords.


Growl:

Thank you for the amazing and detai lreviewchanchan ^^ (may I call you that?) I admit the mixing quite messed up and missed the details, I would like to redo this song again one day and do better. About imitating style T ^ T yes, its my bad habit when singing especially in group song, the next cover will try singing in my style. I'm better in rap than vocal (but I love sing more and wish to improve) and tips on how to not straining voice? (I unconsciously do it every time when singing high notes) *dies*

Miracles in December:

Thank you so much for the amazing and detail review ^^ as for the instrumental, it was one day after mv out (the album not released yet) so it's vocal removal instrument T ^ T therefore I lower it so EXO voices couldn't be heard. My bad habit is straining voice esp on high notes, I tried to reach it and force my throat since my voice is low (compared to Chen). thank you very much again, love ya chanchan <3

Since I do collab of Miracles in December in APC. Can you suggest whose part I fit better? Thank youu :hamham:

User avatar
woorapz
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu, November 21st 2013, 3:14 am
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 10:06 pm

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby chantelleeey » Fri, December 13th 2013, 6:08 am

woorapz wrote:Growl:

Thank you for the amazing and detai lreviewchanchan ^^ (may I call you that?) I admit the mixing quite messed up and missed the details, I would like to redo this song again one day and do better. About imitating style T ^ T yes, its my bad habit when singing especially in group song, the next cover will try singing in my style. I'm better in rap than vocal (but I love sing more and wish to improve) and tips on how to not straining voice? (I unconsciously do it every time when singing high notes) *dies*

Miracles in December:

Thank you so much for the amazing and detail review ^^ as for the instrumental, it was one day after mv out (the album not released yet) so it's vocal removal instrument T ^ T therefore I lower it so EXO voices couldn't be heard. My bad habit is straining voice esp on high notes, I tried to reach it and force my throat since my voice is low (compared to Chen). thank you very much again, love ya chanchan <3

Since I do collab of Miracles in December in APC. Can you suggest whose part I fit better? Thank youu :hamham:


Haha, you may call me whatever you like. With singing and rapping, the only way to improve is practice. At the moment, I think you should stick with the basics. This will help you to stop straining your voice and improve your vocal range.

The most important thing about singing is you breathing. Using your diaphragm to control how much air you take in and release is important, especially with lower notes and those powerful adlibs. To increase your lung capacity, you should try to do some breathing exercises. One that works for me is breathing in to the count of four at a moderate pace, hold it for the same amount of beats then breath out. Then do it to 8 beats and finally 12 beats. If you feel light headed, STOP. To tell if you're breathing properly, your shoulders should not move and your stomach should expand. When doing this exercise, as you breath out, make sure you let out your breath slowly to last you all the beats. In that final beat, you should have no more air to squeeze out. To keep in time, I suggest clicking your fingers or tapping your foot to the beat.

Before you sing, you should always warm up your voice. Doing a couple of scales work. You should be able to find guides you can follow along to on the internet. These scales will also help with expanding your vocal range, so one day you will be able to feel at ease doing Chen's parts. Always use your diaphragm to push out those notes. Don't be afraid to try, but if you feel your voice shake, you should stop.

Good posture will always help. Straight back, shoulders rolled back, head tall, and feet shoulder width apart; if you're sitting, feet planted on the floor.

Be careful not to constantly belt out notes. There are many dynamics throughout a song and interact as a way to portray emotion and variety. This is the most common factor for straining your voice. In particular, you seem to be using your throat more to reach Chen's parts, when your singing should come from your diaphragm. Just think of it as singing from your stomach.

The food/drinks you have before or while your singing/recording effect your vocal chords. DO NOT have anything with sugar or dairy. Sugar will dry out your throat, whereas dairy will coat it with thick mucus. I damaged my vocal chords before my major performance examination. If you every feel like you have a sore throat or it's become hoarse, it's better to take a rest. Drinking black tea with sage will sooth any pain you have. If you have to sing with a poor throat condition, have a teaspoon of honey. It'll coat your vocal chords to prevent any more damage and provide temporary pain relief.

No matter how experienced a singer may be, they will strain their voice at some point. Breathing is your core to everything.

I probably could have said that in fewer words, and I'm sorry if I confused you. If you want me to clear anything up, just ask. As for your collab, I would suggest you do Baekhyun's part.
chantelleeey
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
Public Performer/Mixer/Reviewer
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed, May 18th 2011, 8:00 pm
Location: Australia
Local time: Sun, October 22nd 2017, 12:06 am

Re: chantelleeey - Reviewer Profile {Accepting}

Postby woorapz » Mon, December 16th 2013, 2:41 am

chantelleeey wrote:
Haha, you may call me whatever you like. With singing and rapping, the only way to improve is practice. At the moment, I think you should stick with the basics. This will help you to stop straining your voice and improve your vocal range.

The most important thing about singing is you breathing. Using your diaphragm to control how much air you take in and release is important, especially with lower notes and those powerful adlibs. To increase your lung capacity, you should try to do some breathing exercises. One that works for me is breathing in to the count of four at a moderate pace, hold it for the same amount of beats then breath out. Then do it to 8 beats and finally 12 beats. If you feel light headed, STOP. To tell if you're breathing properly, your shoulders should not move and your stomach should expand. When doing this exercise, as you breath out, make sure you let out your breath slowly to last you all the beats. In that final beat, you should have no more air to squeeze out. To keep in time, I suggest clicking your fingers or tapping your foot to the beat.

Before you sing, you should always warm up your voice. Doing a couple of scales work. You should be able to find guides you can follow along to on the internet. These scales will also help with expanding your vocal range, so one day you will be able to feel at ease doing Chen's parts. Always use your diaphragm to push out those notes. Don't be afraid to try, but if you feel your voice shake, you should stop.

Good posture will always help. Straight back, shoulders rolled back, head tall, and feet shoulder width apart; if you're sitting, feet planted on the floor.

Be careful not to constantly belt out notes. There are many dynamics throughout a song and interact as a way to portray emotion and variety. This is the most common factor for straining your voice. In particular, you seem to be using your throat more to reach Chen's parts, when your singing should come from your diaphragm. Just think of it as singing from your stomach.

The food/drinks you have before or while your singing/recording effect your vocal chords. DO NOT have anything with sugar or dairy. Sugar will dry out your throat, whereas dairy will coat it with thick mucus. I damaged my vocal chords before my major performance examination. If you every feel like you have a sore throat or it's become hoarse, it's better to take a rest. Drinking black tea with sage will sooth any pain you have. If you have to sing with a poor throat condition, have a teaspoon of honey. It'll coat your vocal chords to prevent any more damage and provide temporary pain relief.

No matter how experienced a singer may be, they will strain their voice at some point. Breathing is your core to everything.

I probably could have said that in fewer words, and I'm sorry if I confused you. If you want me to clear anything up, just ask. As for your collab, I would suggest you do Baekhyun's part.



Whoaah thank you for such amazing tips, I never known that food and drink really affect our singing. Chanchan so amazing :xin: I will try to train my breathing more and keep practicing songs.

As you said before, song type like growl fits my voice. Can you suggest other song or explain the genre? is it pop or jazz? hip hop?

Also sometimes when singing I feel that my throat is limited in reaching high notes when before I was able to reach it. It's like sore throat when people have cold but I don't have cold ^^; any suggestion to clear the throat? Thank you chanchan :hamham: I'm your fan hoho

User avatar
woorapz
Public Performer
Public Performer
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu, November 21st 2013, 3:14 am
Local time: Sat, October 21st 2017, 10:06 pm

Next

Share

Return to Feedback and Reviews Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login
Remember me
Not a member? Register
APC Facebook Page
cron